Thursday, June 14, 2012

Granny sampler afghan stitch along, week 4 and pizza

I finished up my blocks for this weeks afghan stitch along days ago, and forgot to post a pic of them!  I still have to weave in the ends..

Granny afghan sampler, week 4



Had my favorite pizza for dinner tonight: America's Test Kitchen's pizza margherita.  It is so good, and easy to make too!  The dough has a thin crispy outer layer, and a chewy inside..

Like most pizzas, the higher the quality of ingredients, the better the end result.  I try to use a good mozzarella and a good pepperoni (like boar's head).  I normally add chopped basil, but didn't have any on hand. 

Pizza Margherita

After it comes out of the oven, drizzle it liberally with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt flakes-  it is seriously good! 

I recommend checking out America's Test Kitchen's site, where you can get a 14 day free trial of all their recipes.  I cook almost exclusively with Test Kitchen recipes, as they are always spot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment