Monday, April 23, 2012

Casual Book Review: Painting between the Wars


Painting between the Wars 1918-1940, Daniel Robbins, Published 1966.  From the series 'Color slide program of the World's Art.'

This book is very fun.  It is modest in size; only about fifty pages, but the real cool part is the 24 color slides that are stored in plastic sleeves in a fold out cover.






My husband spotted this one years ago at a library book sale.  We don't own a slide projector, but this makes me want to get one!  Someone got some good use out of this one, there are stains and highlight markings throughout!  The book is a little rough, but the slides are in perfect condition!

You can get your own copy over at Biblio books, my favorite online book retailer!

The one and only Matisse

I'm not very familiar with Stuart Davis' work,
but I love this street scene!

Chaim Soutine was a good friend and often sitter for
my favorite painter, Modigliani

Nice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment