Monday, July 30, 2012

Movie Mondays

A recap of this weeks screenings.  Proof in writing that I watch too many movies.


Agatha Christie's Marple: a great British production, though I only like the episodes with Julia Mckenzie as Ms. Marple.  I want her to be my gran!

Gun Fever: A low budget western...this one was hard to watch and I'll leave it at that

Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie: If you've seen any Tim and Eric, I don't have to say much about what to expect with this one

The Borrowers: late 90s film based on the book.. the book that I LOVED as a girl!  John Goodman is in it and though it's geared towards kids, it's pretty watchable

Ken Burn's Thomas Hart Benton: if I'm being honest, I was never a big fan of Benton's art, but this doc was pretty good (of course it was, it's Ken Burns).  Made me realized how much I like Grant Wood though (think American Gothic).

The Devil's Mistress (or The Devil's Whore, depending on which side of the pond you are on): This was an average period drama about the English civil war.  It was pretty good in parts,  and kind of contrived in others. 

The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas: Dolly Parton, Burt Reynolds.  This is the first viewing of this one for me... I enjoyed it.  Especially the Governor's singing number, it was the best!

Deadliest Catch:  This show is addicting, and I do love to see a hardworking man!

Immortals:  Based on a Greek myth, lots of green screen but... also Henry Cavill, so it balances out!  Great visually but a plot like a maze, of course I was stitching while watching so that didn't help

Wild in the Streets: I didn't really like this one too much.. the characters were clownish and annoying.  Think 1960s, 'don't trust anyone over 30', drug culture flick.  It did have Shelley Winters, and a crazy young Richard Pryor though..





No comments:

Post a Comment