Thursday, February 9, 2012

Apple Strudel


Apples, golden raisins, walnuts, a squeeze of lemon, and a touch of cinnamon.. Fantastic!



I fixed this apple strudel tonight in the spare moments I had while cooking dinner. 
Apple desserts are my favorite, and I love a good strudel (though this was my first attempt at making one). 
Instead of the time consuming and laborious method of mixing and stretching the dough thin enough to see through, this recipe uses phyllo dough. 

Sure, it's not completely authentic, but I didn't get many complaints!


You can get the recipe here. (though you must sign up for a free trial, I highly recommend America's test kitchen as their recipes are the best out there!) 

**You can read more about my love of America's Test Kitchen in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment