Thursday, February 2, 2012

Golden Women Pt. 1

My husband sometimes dabbles in printmaking, though not as often as I think he should, considering these great results!  Here are some pictures of a print he did in 2010, entitled Golden Women
It is a four color print using only one block.  After each color was transferred, he carved away more of the block for the next color.  So these really are a limited edition (16 in total).


Here are the prints drying.  Most have two colors, while the two at the bottom left
have three.




Here he is pulling the blue (third) layer.  They are printed on natural linen.







Here is the final color (black) being pulled. 





My husband was kind enough to give me one to use as I wished,
and in part two I will show you what I did with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment