Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Movie Mondays (ignore the fact it's tuesday)

A recap of this weeks screenings. Proof in writing that I watch too many movies.



Agatha Christie's Marple- I have now watched the whole series, and I'm revising my opinion that I only liked the episodes with Julia McKenzie... Geraldine McEwan is also very good!  Give this show a watch, it's very entertaining

The Office (UK version)- always makes me laugh

Fabric of the Cosmos- Based on physicists Brian Greene's book PBS production.  I love this so hard-- quantum physics, theoretical physics, it all blows my mind (especially when presented in a way I can digest)  It's 4 episodes and you can watch them free at PBS.org.

The Kennel Murder Case (1933)- I've been in to detective stuff lately!  This movie was pretty good.. everyone spoke at an appropriate 500 words per minute and William Powell was adorable throughout.

Microcosmos-(1996)- remember this film?  Blew everyone away when it came out because of the crazy close up shots of bugs and flowers and things?  Great film and looks even better on a modern tv than the ones around when it was released!

American Grindhouse- This was a great documentary about the long gone grindhouse theaters.  I love exploitation films and this doc was full of outrageous clips from the genre.

Sort of a light week over here.. I did read a bit and have been sewing, so maybe that's why.  Though finishing up 3/4 of the Marple series was no small task. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment