Monday, August 27, 2012

Random stuff, mostly food related



Though we normally keep our distance,
we like to watch the ground squirrels and california quail together




My husband brought me some homegrown heirloom tomatoes.  They were delicious!  Juicy but firm and so flavorful!

Heirloom tomatoes; sprinkled with sea salt mmm..



I had a shock when I cut into an 'on the vine' tomato.  It wasn't rotten, in fact it was still very firm, but every seed had sprouted inside it!  There are always new experiences in the kitchen. ;)

Tomato with sprouting seeds




I fixed a sheet pizza for dinner tonight.  I am a pizza making maniac.  I have five pizza recipes I use regularly, from pan to thin crust to margherita to tart.  I love to make pizza!  This was the first time I made this recipe.  It feeds 12 people, so naturally I thought it was a good recipe for two! 
Tangy sauce, thick crust with a crispy bottom, and lots of cheese...


You can get the recipe here with a 14 day free trial.

I recommend checking out America's Test Kitchen's site, where you can get a 14 day free trial of all their recipes. I cook almost exclusively with Test Kitchen recipes, as they are always spot on.



Sheet pan pizza



Frida girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment