Thursday, March 1, 2012

Modigliani iPhone Cross Stitch Case



I purchased an iPhone cross stitch case several weeks ago, and have finally begun working on it!  I based the design on a painting by one of my favorite artists, Amedeo Modigliani. 
I've been hopelessly in love with Modigliani and his beautiful, unique style of painting for years.  He lived in Paris in a very romantic time (the turn of the century), and he knew all the great painters of that age.  His life was tragically short, but his style has inspired many (including me) ever since.  I got to see his Woman in a yellow sweater at the (now closed) Guggenheim museum, Las Vegas a few years back, and spent a good while standing and examining it from several distances!
But back to the case, I am getting close to completing it, and I will post a picture of it finished as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment